Surah as-Saffat (Those Lined Up) 37 : 87
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
As he saw them worshipping statues and idols, he disapprovingly asked. The sūrah does not report their answer or their argument with him. Instead, it moves straight to the second scene, showing what he determined to do to confront this flagrant falsehood.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The subject matter shows that this Surah was probably sent down in the middle or last stage of the middle Makkan period. The style highlights the raging antagonism and the difficult and discouraging circumstances faced by the Prophet and his companions.