Surah as-Saffat (Those Lined Up) 37 : 23
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
Although the order is clear and decisive, it also carries much sarcasm in the expression, ‘guide them all to the path of hell.’ This is certainly a strange type of guidance, worse than going astray. Yet it is the perfect retort to their straying from the path of divine guidance. Since they did not benefit in this present world from guidance to the straight path, guidance will be given to them in the life to come, but this time to the path of hell.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The subject matter shows that this Surah was probably sent down in the middle or last stage of the middle Makkan period. The style highlights the raging antagonism and the difficult and discouraging circumstances faced by the Prophet and his companions.