Surah as-Saffat (Those Lined Up) 37 : 30
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
You were not following guidance and we led you astray by whispering. Indeed, “We had no power over you.”We could not impose our views on you, forcing you to follow us against your will: “but you were willing to exceed all limits.” You would not abide by any limit.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The subject matter shows that this Surah was probably sent down in the middle or last stage of the middle Makkan period. The style highlights the raging antagonism and the difficult and discouraging circumstances faced by the Prophet and his companions.