Surah as-Saffat (Those Lined Up) 37 : 123
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
A similar glimpse of the story of Elijah, a prophet mentioned in the Old Testament, is given here. Elijah was a messenger to people in Syria who worshipped a statue called Baal. The ruins of the city of Baalbek in Lebanon retain traces of such worship.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The subject matter shows that this Surah was probably sent down in the middle or last stage of the middle Makkan period. The style highlights the raging antagonism and the difficult and discouraging circumstances faced by the Prophet and his companions.