Surah as-Saffat (Those Lined Up) 37 : 151
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
The sūrah gives the exact wording of their fabricated lies about God: “Out of their falsehood they say: ‘God has begotten children.’ They are lying indeed.” They are liars even according to their own tradition which prefers sons to daughters. How could it be, then, that God would choose daughters for Himself?
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The subject matter shows that this Surah was probably sent down in the middle or last stage of the middle Makkan period. The style highlights the raging antagonism and the difficult and discouraging circumstances faced by the Prophet and his companions.