Surah as-Saffat (Those Lined Up) 37 : 91
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
He went straight to their false deities and saw splendid varieties of food and fruit placed in front of them. He said sarcastically: “Will you not eat?” Needless to say, the statues and idols made no reply.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The subject matter shows that this Surah was probably sent down in the middle or last stage of the middle Makkan period. The style highlights the raging antagonism and the difficult and discouraging circumstances faced by the Prophet and his companions.