Surah as-Saffat (Those Lined Up) 37 : 62
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
In order to highlight the great gulf between this everlasting, pure happiness and the other destiny awaiting the unbelievers, the sūrah explains what awaits the latter after they have been held to account. Rhetorically they are asked whether the pure endless bliss is a better position and place or the Zaqqūm tree.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The subject matter shows that this Surah was probably sent down in the middle or last stage of the middle Makkan period. The style highlights the raging antagonism and the difficult and discouraging circumstances faced by the Prophet and his companions.