Surah as-Saffat (Those Lined Up) 37 : 19
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
It is all just a glimpse, taking no more than a single cry, which is described in Arabic as zajrah, to indicate that it is exceedingly strong and coming from a superior source. This single cry is made “and they will all begin to see,” suddenly, without any preparation.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The subject matter shows that this Surah was probably sent down in the middle or last stage of the middle Makkan period. The style highlights the raging antagonism and the difficult and discouraging circumstances faced by the Prophet and his companions.