Surah as-Saffat (Those Lined Up) 37 : 66
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
The fact is, however, that the Zaqqūm tree was something different from the food they knew: “They will indeed eat of it, filling their bellies.” When it stings their throats and burns their bellies — as it grows in the fire it is of the same substance — they will look for a cool drink to stop the burning.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The subject matter shows that this Surah was probably sent down in the middle or last stage of the middle Makkan period. The style highlights the raging antagonism and the difficult and discouraging circumstances faced by the Prophet and his companions.