Surah as-Saffat (Those Lined Up) 37 : 22
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
It takes only one decisive sentence of blame before the orders are issued to those whose task it is to carry them out:“Gather together all those who were bent on wrongdoing, their ilk". So the wrongdoers and their like are to be gathered together.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The subject matter shows that this Surah was probably sent down in the middle or last stage of the middle Makkan period. The style highlights the raging antagonism and the difficult and discouraging circumstances faced by the Prophet and his companions.