Surah an-Nahl (The Bee ) 16 : 21
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
“Those beings that some people invoke beside God cannot create anything; they themselves are created. They are dead, not living, and they do not know when they will be raised back to life.” (Verses 20-21)
The reference here to the resurrection implies that the Creator must, for certain, know its time, because resurrection is complementary to creation. It is then that the living receive their reward for what they have done in life. The deities that do not know when their worshippers are raised to life are only a mockery. A true Creator determines when to resurrect His creation.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The following internal evidence shows that this Surah was revealed during the last Makkan stage of Prophethood:
1. V. 41 clearly shows that persecution had forced some Muslims to emigrate to Abyssinia before the revelation of this Surah.
2. It is evident from v. 106 that at that time the persecution of the Muslims was at its height and a problem had arisen where Muslims under persecution were being forced to utter words of blasphemy.
3. V. 112-114 clearly refer to the end of a seven year famine that had struck Makkah some years after the beginning of Prophethood.