Surah al-Bayyinah (Clear Evidence) 98 : 2
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
The sending of God’s Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him), was essential to the transformation of people of earlier revelations and idolaters, who had found their way into disbelief. They could not leave their erring ways behind without the Prophet’s mission.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
Where it was revealed, at Makkah or Madīnah, is also disputed. Ibn Zubair and Ata bin Yasar hold the view that it is Madīnan. Ibn Abbas and Qatadah are reported to have held two views, first that it is Makkan, second that it is Madīnan. A’isha regards it as a Makkan Surah. As for its contents, there is nothing in it to indicate whether it was revealed at Makkah or at Madīnah.