Surah al-Fajr (The Dawn ) 89 : 7
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
These short verses refer to the fates of the most powerful and despotic nations in ancient history. They speak of the earlier tribe of `Ad of Iram, a branch of extinct Arabs. They used to dwell in al-Ahqaf, a sandy piece of land in southern Arabia, midway between Yemen and Hadramowt. The `Ad were nomadic, using posts and pillars to erect their tents. They are described elsewhere in the Qur’an as being extremely powerful and aggressive.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
Its contents show that it was revealed in Makkah at the stage when persecution of the new reverts to Islam had begun. On that very basis the people of Makkah have been reminded of the evil end of Pharaoh and the tribes of ‘Aad and Thamud.