Surah al-Qalam (The Pen ) 68 : 13
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
The next characteristic is stated in translation as 'cruel', but in the Arabic original this is utull, which by its very sound connotes a host of features that no group of words can adequately describe. The one who is utull is cruel, unfriendly, gluttonous, heavy handed, mean, given to treating others badly.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
This is one of the earliest Surahs to be revealed at Makkah and its subject matter shows that it was sent down at the time when opposition to the Prophet had grown very harsh and oppressive.