Surah at-Talaq (The Divorce ) 65 : 9
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
To start with, the punishment God metes out to those who defy His orders and do not respond to His messengers is a law He has set in operation. The verse mentions more details about the way in which they were brought to account, highlighting its severity and the terrible suffering inflicted on them. This is followed by the final outcome of their actions.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
Abdullah bin Masud (a famous companion) has pointed out, and the internal evidence of the subject matter of the Surah confirms the same, that it must have been sent down after the verses of Surah 2: al-Baqarah (The Cow) in which commandments concerning divorce were given for the first time.