Surah al-Qamar (The Moon ) 54 : 22
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
This verse provides the comment that occurs after each scene. The surah uses it by way of a pause inviting hearts to reflect after they have been shown one of the calamities that befell earlier deniers of the truth.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The incident of the ‘splitting of the moon’ (shaqq-al-Qamar) that has been mentioned in this Surah, determines its period of revelation precisely. The traditionists and commentators are agreed that this incident took place at Mina in Makkah about five years before the Prophet’s migration (Hijra) to Madīnah.