Surah ash-Shu`ara' (The Poets ) 26 : 116
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
With such clear argument and plain logic, Noah’s people were silenced. They had no meaningful reply to offer. Hence, they resorted to the same method to which tyranny resorts every time it finds itself cornered; they threatened him with brute force. Thus tyranny reveals its ghastly and cruel face.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The subject matter and the style show that this Surah was revealed during the middle Makkan period. According to Ibn Abbas (a great companion of the Prophet), Surah 20: Ta Ha was revealed, followed by Surah 56: al-Waqi’ah (The Occurrence) and then Surah 26: ash-Shu’ara’ (The Poets).