Surah Maryam (Mary) 19 : 6
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
Zachariah, a God-fearing prophet, does not forget to specify what he hopes this successor would be like: “And make him, my Lord, one with whom You are pleased.”
He should not be arrogant, tyrannical, or greedy. He should be one who is content with what God gives him. Such contentedness should furthermore spread a sense of ease and happiness all round.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
It was revealed before the first migration to Abyssinia. We learn from an authentic hadith that Ja’afar (a companion of the Prophet) recited v. 1-40 of this Surah to the court of the Negus when the Muslims had been summoned.