Surah Maryam (Mary) 19 : 53
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
The sūrah mentions how God bestowed His mercy on Moses by giving him the support of Aaron, his brother, whom God also made a prophet. It was Moses who requested this help and God granted it: “My brother Aaron is far better in speech than I am. Send him, therefore, as a helper, so that he might bear witness to my speaking the truth; for I fear indeed that they will accuse me of lying.” (28: 34) Indeed, throughout the sūrah there is an unmistakeable air of divine mercy.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
It was revealed before the first migration to Abyssinia. We learn from an authentic hadith that Ja’afar (a companion of the Prophet) recited v. 1-40 of this Surah to the court of the Negus when the Muslims had been summoned.