Surah Maryam (Mary) 19 : 5
|Click word/image to view Qur'an Dictionary|
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
His worry was that those who succeeded him might not follow the course he had charted, perhaps because he knew them not to be up to that task.
What added to his worries was the fact that he was childless: “For my wife is barren.” (Verse 5) She had given him no child to bring up and prepare as a successor. This was his concern. As for his hope, he requested that God grant him a successor who would properly manage and look after the heritage of Jacob’s household, i.e. his ancestors.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
It was revealed before the first migration to Abyssinia. We learn from an authentic hadith that Ja’afar (a companion of the Prophet) recited v. 1-40 of this Surah to the court of the Negus when the Muslims had been summoned.