Surah Maryam (Mary) 19 : 49
|Click word/image to view Qur'an Dictionary|
he left them
[and] We bestowed
and each (of them)
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
Isaac was Abraham’s son, born to him by his wife Sarah who, prior to his birth, was childless. Jacob was Isaac’s son, but he is mentioned here as though he were Abraham’s own son, because he was born during his grandfather’s lifetime, growing up under his care. Thus, he was close to his grandfather, just as though he were his own son. He learnt faith from him directly and he taught it to his own children. Both Isaac and Jacob were prophets.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
It was revealed before the first migration to Abyssinia. We learn from an authentic hadith that Ja’afar (a companion of the Prophet) recited v. 1-40 of this Surah to the court of the Negus when the Muslims had been summoned.