Surah Maryam (Mary) 19 : 30
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
Whereupon he said: I am a servant of God. He has vouchsafed to me revelations and made me a prophet, and made me blessed wherever I may be.
Thus Jesus declared his status: a servant of God. He is not God’s son, as some sects claim; nor was he divine as claimed by others, nor one of a Trinity constituting one God while being three, as claimed by others. He declares that God has made him a prophet, which means that he was neither God’s son nor partner. God has blessed him and enjoined him to keep his prayers and be charitable throughout his life.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
It was revealed before the first migration to Abyssinia. We learn from an authentic hadith that Ja’afar (a companion of the Prophet) recited v. 1-40 of this Surah to the court of the Negus when the Muslims had been summoned.