Surah Maryam (Mary) 19 : 29
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
In her own defence, Mary says nothing other than carrying out what her amazing child has instructed her to say: “But she pointed to the child.” (Verse 29) Again we are left to imagine their amazement, anger and fury at this young woman, virgin as she was, carrying her child openly in her arms, and then refusing to answer their questions, only pointing to the child and indicating that they should ask him. “They said: How can we talk to a babe in the cradle?” (Verse 29) But then a supernatural event occurs again and the baby speaks out.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
It was revealed before the first migration to Abyssinia. We learn from an authentic hadith that Ja’afar (a companion of the Prophet) recited v. 1-40 of this Surah to the court of the Negus when the Muslims had been summoned.