Surah Maryam (Mary) 19 : 17
|Click word/image to view Qur'an Dictionary|
Then she took
Then We sent
then he assumed for her the likeness
(of) a man
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
We see this young woman going off to be alone. The sūrah does not specify why she wanted to be alone, but there must have been something to so require her to be by herself, unseen by anyone else. It may have been a very private matter that girls normally experience.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
It was revealed before the first migration to Abyssinia. We learn from an authentic hadith that Ja’afar (a companion of the Prophet) recited v. 1-40 of this Surah to the court of the Negus when the Muslims had been summoned.