Surah Maryam (Mary) 19 : 11
|Click word/image to view Qur'an Dictionary|
Then he came out
the prayer chamber
and he signaled
(in) the morning
and (in) the evening
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
This was exactly what took place: “He then came out to his people from the sanctuary and signified to them [by gesture] to extol God’s limitless glory by day and by night.” (Verse 11) He wanted them to live in the same mental condition he was in, to feel God’s grace at its most abounding, and to give thanks for the grace He had bestowed on Zachariah, and on them.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
It was revealed before the first migration to Abyssinia. We learn from an authentic hadith that Ja’afar (a companion of the Prophet) recited v. 1-40 of this Surah to the court of the Negus when the Muslims had been summoned.