Surah an-Nahl (The Bee ) 16 : 52
|Click word/image to view Qur'an Dictionary|
and the earth
(is due) the worship
Then is it other (than)
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
God’s oneness must be a concept of complete and perfect clarity in the mind of every believer. God, the only deity, is also the One to whom everything belongs: “His is all that is in the heavens and the earth.” (Verse 52) All true faith also belongs to Him:
“To Him alone submission is always due.” (Verse 52)
It is a continuous process, ever since there was a faith and people to believe in it. Such belief means submission, and no faith is true unless it is based on submission to Him.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
The following internal evidence shows that this Surah was revealed during the last Makkan stage of Prophethood:
1. V. 41 clearly shows that persecution had forced some Muslims to emigrate to Abyssinia before the revelation of this Surah.
2. It is evident from v. 106 that at that time the persecution of the Muslims was at its height and a problem had arisen where Muslims under persecution were being forced to utter words of blasphemy.
3. V. 112-114 clearly refer to the end of a seven year famine that had struck Makkah some years after the beginning of Prophethood.