Surah Hud (Hud) 11 : 74
|Click word/image to view Qur'an Dictionary|
(had) ne away
and had reached him
the glad tidings
he argued with Us
1. Lessons/Guidance/Reflections/Gems[ edit ]
At this point, Abraham was reassured. He was delighted by the good news given him by God’s messengers. This, however, did not make him overlook Lot and his people. Lot was his nephew who had emigrated with him from their birthplace and who lived in the neighbouring area. He realized that the messengers, or the angels were sent to destroy Lot’s people. Compassionate and tender-hearted as Abraham was, he could not bear that the whole community should be so destroyed. He began to plead for them.
2. Linguistic Analysis[ edit ]
4. Miscellaneous Information[ edit ]
5. Connected/Related Ayat[ edit ]
6. Frequency of the word[ edit ]
7. Period of Revelation[ edit ]
If we consider its theme deeply we come to the conclusion that it was revealed during the same period as Surah 10: Yunus (Jonah) and most probably followed it immediately.