Summary of Juz 10
Ayat: al-Anfal 41 - At-Tawbah 92
Surah at-Tawbah is a Madani Surah revealed in the 9th year of Hijrah. The basic subjects of the Surah are: The non-believers who broke their treaties, Muslims have no obligation to honour treaties with them. Muslims must protect themselves from hypocrisy, weak faith and negligence. Battle of Tabuk and its lessons.
- The purpose of war and the rules about the distribution of the spoils of war.
- Be firm and united in the combat against the enemy.
- Victory of the Believers against the unbelievers. Allah does not change His blessings unless people change themselves.
- Be prepared always to defend yourself and your people. Make peace if the enemy is inclined towards peace.
- Allah's promise to help the Believers.
- Treatment of the prisoners of war and obligations towards Muslims living among non-Muslims.
- Proclamation that the Treaty of Hudaibiyah is cancelled.
- Honour the treaties with those who honour them. Fight with those who have broken the treaty.
- Mushrikin (polytheists) are forbidden to be the caretakers of the Masjid al-Haram.
- Muslims should trust Allah, not just their numbers.
- Jews and Christians also committed Shirk. Command to spend in the path of Allah. The correct number of months.